A Queen Esther Society was organized in 1914 at the home of Mrs. W.E. Long in Baudette. The circle, allied with the Congregational Church, was open to all young ladies of the community. Meetings were held twice a month and the group hosted at least one community function as evidenced here by this photo of their lawn social near the church in 1915. Buildings along Main Street, including the newly opened Rulien Land Office are visible in the background.