Description of Holdings
The museum research library provides workspace for researchers and genealogists. Holdings available for public use include: obituary files, family story files, genealogy records, microfilm of local newspapers, personal property tax records, and local subject files. A public access computer with a subscription to Ancestry is also maintained in the research area.
- Admission to research library room is free.
- Research assistance by staff is $15.00 per hour.
- Requests for research are accepted via e-mail, letter or phone. Phone requests should be followed up with letter or e-mail with more specific details on what is requested.
- For obituary only requests there is a $2 fee per obituary mailed in leu of hourly research assistance fee.
- Copies are .50 per page.
- Personal computers are allowed in the research area.
- Personal scanners or photography of archives are NOT permitted.
Turn around time: Research is done as staff time is available.
Payment: The Museum accepts checks or money orders in payment of research.
Research Request Form
Click here for research request form.
Digital Imaging Fees
- Ink Jet Photo Copy- $1.00
- 5x7 Photo Paper Print- $5.00
- 8x10 Photo Paper Print- $7.00
- Minimum Digital Image- 72-150 dpi- $7.00
- Medium Digital Image- 300 dpi- $20.00
- Large Digital Image- 600 dpi- $30.00
For publications and commercial use please contact for prices.
Digital images from our collections will have LOWCHS copyright and permission labels.