Historic Sites

  • Canadian National Railway Depot, Baudette
    One of two Canadian National Railway depots remaining in the U.S., on the line from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay. Serviced the line from 1923 until service was discontinued in the 1980s.
  • Fort St. Charles, Magnusons Island
    Site of outpost built and maintained by Pierre La Verendrye 1732 to mid-1750s as center for French exploration, trade, diplomacy and mission work. Reconstructed fort on site.
  • Norris Camp, Norris Township
    Off Norris-Roosevelt Forest Road. CCC work camp built in 1935 to house workers for the Beltrami Island Resettlement Project.
  • Northwest Point, Northwest Angle
    Isolated point of land determined to be the most northwest point of Lake of the Woods from which the U.S. Canadian boundary line was determined.
 
Website Design by North Star Interactive